Bolymin Complete Solution
We received a request for a 5″ TFT display that could be used to replace existing LED on a water purifier. While discussing with customer we understood that they are also looking to upgrade their current MCU as it is a low-end one, enough to drive a LED but not good-enough for TFT.
Upgrading a high-end MCU was a challenge as it had major impact on the product cost.
We recommend that instead of upgrading their MCU, they should use TFT with RA8875 controller.
We offered them our standard TFT BTC050A-EWR$, that comes with RA8875 Character/ Graphic TFT LCD Controller.
Adding RA8875, also allow customer following functions:
- Scroll Function
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) for back-light adjustment
- DMA (Direct Memory Access)
Bolymin recommendation helped them keep their product within budget without any changes in their current design. In addition, along with TFT Bolymin also design cover lens for the customer.
It also bring down their product development time by 6~8 weeks.
Bolymin Complete Solution
Bolymin complete solution includes:
Display: TFT/ LCD ICON VATN/ LED ICON
Touch Panel: (RTP/ CTP)
Cover Lens: (PMMA/ Glass)
Ans: Yes, Graphic Library can be stored into Flash ROM.
2. Does RA8875 Controller support font?
Ans: Yes, Font IC have built-in support for multi language.
RA8875 – Important Features
- Support Text/Graphic Mixed Display Mode
- Display Type: 256/65K Colors, 800×480 Dots, 6 o’ Clock
- Support MCU Interface: 8080/6800 with 8/16 BIT, 3/4-wire SPI
- Embedded 10KB Character ROM with Font Size 8×16 Dots and Supporting Character Sets of ISO/IEC 8859-1/2/3/4
- Support GB and BIG5 encoding with internal font ROM and font size 16×16 dots.
- Font enlargement function X1, X2, X3, X4 for Horizontal/Vertical Direction Screen display rotation 90°, 180°, 270° for different panel
- Block Scrolling Function for Vertical or Horizontal Direction
- Block Transfer Engine (BTE) Supports with 2D Function.
- Text cursor for character writing
- 64×64 pixel graphic cursor
- Suppor TFT Panel Size:
- 800×480 Pixels 2 Layers @ 256 Colors
- 800×480 Pixels 1 Layer @ 64K Colors
- Support 256 Characters with 8×16 dots
- Support 32 User-defined Patterns of 8×8 pixels
- Programmable PWM for Back-Light Adjusting
- Embedded 4-wire Touch Panel Controller
- Sleep Mode with Low Power Consumption
BC2004H is 20×04 Character COB (Chip on board) LCD Display Module with metal frame. It is a High-Contrast FSTN (Film Compensated STN) and comes with built-in controller SSD1803. It has 4-bit and 8-bit and serial SPI-interface options.
BC2004H offers built-in icons (arrows, timer, message etc.).
Bolymin offers more than 100 standard TFT Modules in its catalog and also offer customization service. TFT Coding system is designed to help the customer look for the right part number based on their requirements.
Standard TFT sizes range from 0.96” to 10.1”
LEDs are flat panel displays that emit visible light when an electric current passes through the light-emitting diodes. Bolymin LED Display Module consists of LED Display, PCB, IC and it is connected through the SPI interface. Compared to LCD displays LED displays are brighter, have a wider viewing angle and visible from a greater distance. However, the downside is they are resource-hungry.
TAB (Tape Automated Bonding) also known as TCP (tape carrier package) and COF (chip-on-film) are both IC packaging technology and produced by reel to reel method. It utilizes FPC (flexible printed circuit film) for packaging IC chips.