Monochrome LCD to Color TFT LCD
Upgrade Monochrome LCD to Color TFT LCD
As applications become dynamic with added features, a lot of product managers feel the need to upgrade their monochrome displays to color TFT displays. This not only gives a premium feel to the product but allows more information to be displayed for users.
Although upgrading monochrome displays to color TFT displays seems like an obvious choice, still, hardware engineers are always reluctant to change display. It is understandable, as upgrade requires a major change in software, which is not their expertise.
Another barrier to upgrade is the cost, as most applications use low-end MCU to drive monochrome LCD, but to drive color TFT LCD a high-end MCU is required, which can be a major cost to any product.
Bolymin BTC series with a built-in control board is designed to overcome these challenges. It allows a smooth upgrade of 240128 monochrome LCD to 4.3” or 5” TFT LCD or 320240 monochrome LCD to 5.6” Color TFT LCD.
BTC Series allows the customer to upgrade their current monochrome LCD to any size between 4.3” ~ 15” TFT LCD.
What are the advantages of the Bolymin BTC TFT LCD Series with a built-in control board?
- It doesn’t require the customer to upgrade their low-end MCU (PIC, 8051, AVR, etc.) to high-end MCH like ARM.
- Since BTC series use the same interface monochrome LCD, they are easily replaceable.
- The software requires only minor changes and Bolymin provides guidelines for the same.
- Product managers can dramatically cut down their design time.
- With quick design time and minimum changes, time-to-market is much faster.
- TFT has no crosstalk issues and better response time compared to monochrome LCDs.
- TFT LCDs can also be used as monochrome displays depending on the application.
- At an average, the cost of the upgrading to TFT LCD is around 20% more compared to the current design but the value it provides in terms of more functionality is 100%.
Taiwan started preparing for covid-19 as early as Dec 2019 when first incident of unidentified virus was reported in China. It ramp-up face mask production to 10 million units daily.
As a result, everyone at our office wears face-mask and is encouraged to wash or sanitize hands regularly. Hand sanitizer is available at the entry points and in elevators.
Amidst all the news about Coronavirus outbreak in China, we would like to reassure our customers that it doesn’t have any impact on our work schedule. Bolymin production facilities are located in Taiwan and working normally. As you can understand some of the components used in our products comes from China and it might impact delivery schedule for few part numbers. We will work closely with you and our supply chain to minimize the impact. We hope that situation with Coronavirus will be dealt soon and things would return to normal in China and elsewhere. Best regards,
Please be informed that Bolymin will be closed from 23-Jan-2020 to 02-Feb-2020 for Chinese New Year Holiday. Last shipment day before Chinese New Year is 21-Jan-2020 and and first shipment day after Chinese New Year is 4-Feb-2020. Thank you for your kind attention and wish you a Happy & Prosperous New Year!
BC2004H is 20×04 Character COB (Chip on board) LCD Display Module with metal frame. It is a High-Contrast FSTN (Film Compensated STN) and comes with built-in controller SSD1803. It has 4-bit and 8-bit and serial SPI-interface options.
BC2004H offers built-in icons (arrows, timer, message etc.).